Re: [OM] OM 10 meter switching

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 10 meter switching
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:21:07 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith (R.K.) Berry <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 08, 1999 2:03 PM

David Low wrote:

...BTW local camera shop has a mint in box 28mm f2.8 Zuiko lens for £49.00
sterling, is
this a good lens?, and price?. My existing w/angle isn't Olympus (Tamron).
Am tempted,
but need some nudging

If it's really mint (not just in a mint box!) it's a good price. MXV are
advertising one in Exc++ condition for the same price but £5 postage extra.
It's regard as being a better lens than the f3.5 28mm version, which also
sells for around that price.

I have an MC 28 / 2.8 w/ original Olympus metal hood. Make sure you get a
28mm hood and don't rely on the after market rubber one size fits all hood
[which I use with my 50mm]. I once made the mistake of using the rubber hood
with the 28mm and experienced a serious case of vignetting.

jh

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx