Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem -- Enough!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem -- Enough!!
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:20:31 -0800
Dear "OM Kindergarten":

I truly feel that this unnecessary foolishness has gone on long
enough.  Let's put this thread to rest.  John H. has been around
this list for years, and his status and/or credibility don't need
to be propped.

I shudder at the thought that each newcomer to the OLY list may
have the power to plunge us all in a prolonged, pointless and
uncontrollable feud -- merely by uttering a few careless sentences.
Last time I checked, the median age of this list membership was
on the more mature side of 40.  Nough said!!

One last comment:

John H. wrote:

>Hey, everybody, even though I didn't write to him directly, this
>guy felt obligated to send me a personal note.
[snip Jeffrey Weiss's private e-mail]

John!  With all due respect, it is definitely a big "no-no" to post
private messages to a larger forum, without their author's prior
permission.  It's a _huge_ nettiquette violation!  (unless of course
Jeffrey W. had given you permission, in which case you should have
explicitly mentioned it).

Pls everyone, sit on your hands!  There is no need to post responses
to this msg.  Let's get back to discussing something more productive,
or at minimum -- something more entertaining.

Oh, and btw, next time somebody starts a fight around here -- I wanna
see blood! (well, maybe only e-blood...) :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx