Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:11:51 +0100
> ...the camera seems senstitive to heat. The camera locked up when
> it was very warm (in 98 degree weather, its been hot in the NE this
> week), but worked OK after cooling off. ..

>> ...Shooting macros in >> blazing sun at midday (at about 35 C), the
>>camera gave up after 15 >> minutes exactly in a way you describe it...

No mention of camera finish with either of these but I should imagine that a
black body would be much more susceptible to 'sunstroke' than a chrome or
titanium one, in which case draping a white cloth over the camera, at least
while its not in use, could help just enough to prevent it. A black body
OTOH could be better in cold conditions for absorbing a bit more warmth from
whatever source.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx