Re: [OM] Viewer/Magnifier questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewer/Magnifier questions
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:50:40 -0800
Paul Schings wrote:

>schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>>  >"The right angle viewers for the Pentax M series seems to work fine.
>>  >Make sure you get an M series version though, not a K series version.
>>  >A memefit of the Pentax viewer over the VariMagni Finder is that
>>  >it doesn't invert the image."
>>
>>  Yup, I'm the one who wrote the above, and the info. is still correct.
>
>Actually, I think your original post said that the Pentax screw-mount was
>the right version. It actually is the Pentax M, which was corrected above.

It's a little unclear whom Paul addresses here, but if it is _moi_,
I must plead "not guilty"!   I did not contribute to the most recent
thread on this subject.  However, the above "quote" was authored by
me -- a loooong time ago(!).  Jeff B. must have lifted it straight
from the R. Lee Hawkins' OLY FAQ.

>>  But, what the h*ll is a ... "memefit"?
>
>I presume it's a typo for "benefit"

Yup, and it is Jeff B.'s typo!  I claim neither ownership nor copyright.
:-) :-)

Hans van Veluwen wrote:

>Did Pentax or Fujica ever make non-angled finder magnifiers? In many
>cases where I use the Varimagni with macro or super tele I only need
>the magnification, and feel the right angled finder as a handicap.

Yes, Pentax made one.  They call it "Magnifier-M".  (Strangely enough,
their Varimagni device is called "Refconverter-M" or "Refconverter-A").
Dunno about any by Fujica.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA