Re: [OM] Re: patience/finesse OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: patience/finesse OT
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:53:17 +0000
At 23:11 7/9/99 , Acer wrote:
><OT--no OLY content per se>
>
>On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, John Hermanson wrote:
>
>>I voluntarily switched to half caf/half decaf blend about 6 months ago,  and
>>am glad I did.
>
>A cruel joke (but damn fun) would be to put full caffeine stuff into
>someone's pot once you get them hooked on decaf ;-) I have plan to execute
>this hehehe
>
>/Acer Victoria

Actually, a small amount of caffeine does heighten the senses and improve
the reflexes a little.  It also has a much lesser effect similar to Ritalin
on some ADD/ADHD people.  A whole box of No-Doz will give you the shakes
(been there, done that years ago during "finals weeks").  I don't think the
decaf will hook you so I believe you have the evil plot backwards.  I know
caffeine will; the symptoms of withdrawl are typically headaches for a day
or so; I've had them in the past.

--- gratuitous OM content begins here ---
Two of the photographs I took over the ADITL weekend used the OM-4, Winder
2, tripod, remote winder release, 28mm lens, 50mm lens hood, T-32, and a
diffusion filter.  Set the whole show up in front of my coffee pot at my
eye level looking down on the coffee pot.  Aimed the flash straight up to
my white ceiling to diffuse it and took two frames close-up (minimum focus
distance) pouring myself a cup of coffee.  Came out kinda interesting.  The
lens hood vignetted the wide angle nicely.  Gave a tunnel vision effect to
the perspective distortion resulting from using a wide angle close-up.
Aiming the flash upward and the diffusion filter gave a soft focus to
everything.  When I projected the slide a couple days ago, the other half
remarked how well I had probably captured getting that first cup in the
morning.  She's right.  It did.  I don't show much sign of life until after
the first blast of java.  One thing I might have done differently was
introduce a slight amount of camera shake at shutter release on the second
frame to see what that would have done.  (No, it's not the ADITL entry, but
almost was.)
--- gratuitous OM content ends here ---

-- John