Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:26:26 +0800
Most of the Kodak one hour labs here that providing digital photo output are
still using dye sublimation process, while Fuji labs use silver halide-based
dye-release-transfer, both output quality is very good. But the Fuji one has
much short life when compared to Kodak's dye sub. prints. According to Henry
Wilhelm's survey, the life of Kodak's dye sub print is 24 years under glass
filter, while Fuji Pictrography prints only last for 10 years under the same
condition.

Concerning true photographic output, there is also one that use CRT to
expose on a true photographic paper, the quality is also very good, life
time depends on the life of the photo paper in use.

But all the above have print size limitation, if you want larger print or
slide for projection, you have to output it to film.

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~accura