[OM] "M.15V Ni-MH Control Pack 3" performance :-(

Subject: [OM] "M.15V Ni-MH Control Pack 3" performance :-(
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:22:38 +0200
I've just replaced the dead Ni-Cd cells in my M.15V Ni-Cd Contol Pack 2 with
Ni-MH cells (Varta V150H) which I took out of two 9V batteries. I used 12 cells
(leaving two unused) following the instructions from 'The Camera Repair Resource
Guide' from Lee's site and it works. However, Motor Drive performance has
dropped from 5fps (with the M.18V Control Grip) to 4fps.
Questions: (1) has the original pack with the Ni-Cd cells the same problem (I
bought it when it was already dead) and (2) will adding the two extra Ni-MH
cells (which is possible according to Rand E. Tomcala) boost performance back to
5fps or will it only add to the number of films that can be driven by one
charge?

hnz