[OM] Zuiko MC 90 / f2 macro

Subject: [OM] Zuiko MC 90 / f2 macro
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:50:15 -0700
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Are there any list members lens who have images to see and perhaps a write
up on their experience of using this lens?

First, the bad news: it's too big and too heavy. For example, it's girth makes the DOF button and the mount release a bit hard to get to. Those who eschew zooms for primes due to size and weight will feel like they've got a huge 3rd party zoom on their delicate little OM bodies!

However, until Parliment gets around to repealing the laws of physics, the 90/2 probably is as big and heavy as it must be, without resorting to plastic, which we hateses, don't we, my Precious?

The good news is absolutely everything else. This is probably my favorite lens, and would live on the camera if I were in better physical condition. It's almost good enough to make me take up aerobics or weight-lifting, so I could just leave it on the camera.

What else can I say? Focus is smooth mechanically and snappy in the viewfinder. The waterfall and cat's eye on <http://www.bytesmiths.com/Art_Gallery> were done with this lens, as was this macro shot of decaying wood: <http://www.bytesmiths.com/Art_Gallery/99AA33-Medium.jpg> (1024 pixels wide, 141kb).

I snagged my mint one for $550 as part of a whole system I bought. They don't show up used very often -- it's a keeper. Cheer up, John -- it's only money! What's that compared to a satisfied craving? :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229