Re: [OM] F280 vs T32

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 vs T32
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:16:23 +0200
: Foxy;
:
: The F280 has normal auto.
:
: George

No, Foxy was right and I forgot to mention it in my little T32+list. Normal Auto
aka Computer Flash is a very important feature in the T32 and it's missing in
the F280. Too bad the T32 has only three working apertures. One of the reasons
why I bought the Metz 40MZ-2 which gives me 12...

So the T32 supports TTL Auto (=OTF Auto), Normal Auto (=Computer Flash) and
Manual with two output levels. The F280 supports Super FP, TTL Auto and Manual
with only one output level. However TTL Auto Mode on the F280 is labeled
'Normal' above the Mode Switch... with the addition 'TTL Auto' beneath the
switch for the FP and Normal settings. Confused? Duh! Olympus even made a
mistake in its type number - naming it F280 while its output GN level is only
28... ;)

hnz