Re: [OM] olympus cases/flying self-portraits

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus cases/flying self-portraits
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:13:02 -0500
Welcome back, Chris.

The Zuiko 21/3.5 is also my favorite for flying self-portraits.  In fact,
that is the major reason I got it (well, not just flying, other places,
too).  My wallpaper image on my work computer is a shot of my wife and me in
the front seats of a Cherokee Arrow.  My then three-year old nephew is
sitting in her lap doing the flying with a big grin.  As soon as he grabbed
the yoke he knew exactly what to do with it: rock it left and right really
fast!  Fortunately the roll response of an old Hershey bar-winged Arrow is
not that of a Tornado with boosted ailerons.

Next time, Chris, try this:  a little back pressure, then relax it to unload
the wing, then a lot of left aileron, release the shutter through inverted,
then tidy things up.  Tell the GIB you were checking for traffic...  We await
the results.

Gary Edwards