[OM] "M.15V Ni-MH Control Pack 3" performance :-(

Subject: [OM] "M.15V Ni-MH Control Pack 3" performance :-(
From: Norma Foltz <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:55:10 -0700
Hans -- I typed up that little summary of replacement of the NiCd
batteries
with NiMH cells with the help of Frank and John and others on the list.
Since then I've gone back to NiCds and use all of the little cells
inside the battery  packs
to get 18 volts.   My feeling is that only the NiCds can deliver the
power fast enough
to allow 5 fps.  I think that we need to update the information in Lee's
repair resource
guide and I'm willing to help.   Hans, keep some notes on how you do
this repair
and get Frank van Lindert's , John Hermanson's, Rand's and Tim's advice,
too!

My OM2s is limited to only 3.5 frames per second on the Motor Drive but
I went
back to Nickel Cadmium and it seems to work better throughout the
discharge cycle.
I'm always careful to use the charger on a timer for 4 hours max!

-- Hank

PS check out my new UV butterfly photos:
http://www.netcom.com/~flzhgn/uv.htm
there are links to your Zuiko web pages, too!