Re: [OM] Practical Books

Subject: Re: [OM] Practical Books
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:16:46 -0400
 "Thomas Haegin" <haegint@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>does any of you folks know of a photo book without how-to-do texts,
>but great pictures only and comprehensive technical information about
>the picture, like lens length, f-stop, shutter speed, filters, film
>used, location, cam system used (35mm, middle format, P&S,
>whatever...), etc...
>I really have a problem finding such a title.

I have two books I can recommend which includes the types of information.
John Hedgecoe's Practical Landscape Photography
--A Fireside Book by Simon & Schuster, ISBN 0 871 68794 7
The copy I have is dated 1988.
His sample photographs were taken with a variety of 35mm cameras including
Olympus.

The Making of Landscape Photographs by Charlie Waite
Collins & Brown, 1992  ISBN 1 85585 149 0

Charlie Waite uses the Hasselblad 6x6cm.  This is really useful as a book to
study the photographic composition.  He uses a bit too much filters to my taste
sometimes.
There are photographs in this book without any filters, however.  He also shows
different takes of the same subject.

I hope that you might find them in Zurich, but there seem to be many British
booksellers on the Internet.  I have used a couple of them myself.  On the other
hand, Richard Schaetzl told me off list that there is an Amazon.com in Germany!
Is there one in the U.K. or other European countries?

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/