[OM] Kelton's queries

Subject: [OM] Kelton's queries
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:23:11 EDT
Kelton writes, in an unrelated, but forgotten subject line regarding Zuiko
lens flanges:

<< What's up with that? Why do some lenses seem to have a
double-flange, while others have a single flange? Is this a difference in
dates of manufacture? Or a difference between lens lengths? >>

Looks to me like the two piece flanges lowered the cost of manufacturing.  It
also  increased the depth of the flange, itself.  My observations are that
the two piece flanges always followed single piece ones.  In the case of the
50mm f/1.8, it was associated with a change in optical design [as per Modern
Photography], begetting the "MC" and "Made in Japan" variations.

Now, don't everyone rush to get both examples in their Zuiko collections.
And no special requests for two-flange vs. single flange lens tests.  :-)

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV