Re: [OM] zoom lens suggestion

Subject: Re: [OM] zoom lens suggestion
From: "Thomas Haegin" <haegint@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:00:17 +0200
I had a used Tokina AT-X 80-200mm F2.8 in hands just the other day, albeit
one with a Konica mount. I just wanted to see and feel how it looked. It is
indeed quite heavy, but compact. It made a very solid impression.

The one thing that eeked me was that whereas on the Zuiko's (and my Tamron
300), you close the f-stop by turning the ring clock-wise (when you're
shooting), but on the Tokina you have to turn the ring counterclock-wise. I
don't know though if this is because of the Konica mount or if it's just the
way it is with Tokina. Maybe the users with the Tokina AT can comment. I
would personally prefer that all my lenses "work in the same direction", so
to say. So this is a bit negative for the Tokina, IMO.

Thomas
Zurich, Switzerland