[OM] zoom lens suggestion

Subject: [OM] zoom lens suggestion
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:15:04 -0400
Others have mentioned Kiron lenses already.  I have two Kiron zooms:
70-150 and 80-200.  The 70-150 came with a dented filter ring and was
attached to a sick OM-G.  Both for $35.

The 80-200 I bought at auction for $45 or 50.  Probably at Amazon.com
but maybe it was e-bay.  I don't remember.  Anyhow, there were very few
bids.  I think most people don't know the Kiron name even though Kiron
made very good lenses.  The lens is in superb condition and I think it
was a good deal.

Following Johh H's good instructions to tap-tap-tap with a small hammer
and wooden dowel has put the filter ring of the 70-150 round again.
Both lenses work just fine.  Presumably well built in order to have
survived the knock that dented the filter ring.

For those on a budget I have no hesitation in recommending a Kiron.
Maybe even for those not on such a tight budget too.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts