[OM]obtaining OM MD cover/Acersnapper

Subject: [OM]obtaining OM MD cover/Acersnapper
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:57:36 -0500
I was in line (on queue for Chris and the rest of Her subjects) early at
the Grapevine (Texas) camera show.  Even so, Paul van Tuyl beat me in to
scim the tables.  As it turned out, there was nearly nothing available in
OM gear, mostly just OM-10s and 50 mm Zuikos.  We spent some time talking
about it and both  fear that the used supply is drying up.  The internet
and eBay certainly continue to cut into the camera show circuit.

I passed up a Winder 2 tagged at US$195 (!) but found a dealer with two
more attached to OM-10 that he would sell separately for $50.  They were
equally scuffed and crudely touched up with black paint but both worked.
So which one did I select?  Why, the one with an OM-1/2 motor drive cap
forgotten inside in the storage slot, of course

Oh, welcome back Acersnapper!  In your absence we got offtopic on great
fighters, cormorants, Teletubbies, and Moe, Larry, and Curley.   We need
you to get us off topic on more important subjects, like Def Leppard and
Shania Twain (Oh, yeah, I had a part in that {chagrin})!  ;-))

Gary Edwards
Arlington, Texas USA