[OM] OM4 Ti

Subject: [OM] OM4 Ti
From: Tim_Grange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 05:14:54 -0400

Dear Olympus Mailing List Subscribers,

I am new to the list and would like to ask the advice of members on the
following:

1. I am considering buying a used black OM4 Ti body. Mechanically it seems sound
but cosmetically it has suffered brassing especially on the pentaprism, the top
and the bottom plates. My first question is this: is there any way to touch up
this brassing to make the paintwork look like new (bearing in mind that the Ti
black surface is not true 'black' but seems to be a rather dark grey/brown)?

2. Reading the 'crash test' on the OM4 Ti posted on R Lee Hawkins' site, it
seems that the camer's shutter speeds may not reflect the true duration that the
shutter remains open. Is there any way that one can test this easily at home? If
I buy the body, I intend to do a full test to make sure it is in full working
order (it comes with 12 months guarantee). I would also like to test my OM2N
body as well.

3. I live in London, England. I would appreciate any advice on where in London
to send OM equipment (primarily bodies) for efficient, expert service at
reasonable cost.

Many thanks in advance for your collective wisdom on these matters!

Tim Grange