Re: [OM] Church photos from Yorkshire

Subject: Re: [OM] Church photos from Yorkshire
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:25:05 +0200
John Hudson wrote:

> Gregg Iverson wrote:

> >Thanks for the explanation, Richard.  Now, how do we line up our
> >buildings perfectly without drawing diagonal lines on our viewfinders?
>
> ......... if in a church do what I did; rest the side of the camera on a
> stack of prayer books, hold your breath, say a prayer that you are an
> upright citizen, and hope that the vicar doesn't catch you ..especially if
> s/he is averse to photographers!

Good sugestion and might be the reason why John Gardners photo is not
perfectly aligned. Church benches are normaly to the left and right, but
not in the center of the church.

Instead of prayer books one might use a small "desktop" tripod, like the
Leica one, the Minolta TR1, the Manfroto 209/210, Hakuba or Cullman
Magic. Very small light weight, I carry one, all the time in the photo
bag.
A bean bag might be usefull too, but it´s more dificult to align the
camera with it.

Regards

Richard