Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f/1.2
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:23:04 -0700
My opinion:  The 50/2 macro will be the best overall from wide-open to
f/5.6.

50/1.8s are the best bang-for-the-buck.

50/1.4s have some abberations wide open, then get sharp

50/1.2s are soft with abberations wide open, then get sharper than any of
the others, except perhaps the macro. (There is no free lunch.)

Check Gary Reeses test page.  Then check back soon as I'll be contributing a
test of, amoung others, my 50/1.2

George

>In a message dated 7/19/99 10:45:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>MHeath333@xxxxxxx writes:
>
>> Sorry to start another 50mm thread.  I know this has been discussed in
the
>>  past, but I'm still unsure if most users consider the f/1.2 lens to be

<SNIP>