Re:[OM] 2 or 4?

Subject: Re:[OM] 2 or 4?
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:09:05 -0400
Acer Victoria wrote:
>For US$300, would you choose a bgn OM4 from KEH or a low mileage VG+/EX-
>OM2S from fellow OMer

I would go for a bgn OM4 from KEH.  I recently bought a bgn OM-4T Champagne from
KEH.  The bargain condition may be because of a few brassing spots on the
champagne finish of the titanium top and a missing motor cap. On the other hand,
the door seal looks brand new.  I ordered a motor cap from Olympus America.  It
was about $2, but you pay $4 for shipping and so I ordered a few extra parts.

Nobody else seems to have mentioned the existence of the highlight and shadow
buttons in addition to the multispot metering button.  To me the ergonomics of
the arrangement of the buttons makes the OM-3/4/Ti unique and valuable.

Buying from KEH has an advantage of no-condition return within 14 days and a
warranty of 90 days.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/