[OM] IS-10, IS-20 and IS-30: Opinions?

Subject: [OM] IS-10, IS-20 and IS-30: Opinions?
From: "Bau Struye" <Bau.Struye@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:54:59 -0700
I am searching for a decent camera for my wife who comes from a point and shoot
world (see painful details in earlier post).

She hates her current p&s (Superzoom 280) because its autofocus is real slow
and kids aren't too good at "holding the pose" until the AF decides it's ready
to go to work.

I was curious about the OM-88 (earlier post) but a found a rather unfavorable
review in Hans van Veluwen' excellent web page.  So unless I hear unqualified
endorsements from others, I may have to switch to the IS series.  Although I
love the IS-3, I fear it will be too bulky for her to lug around with the kids
(cost is a factor too).   So I was curious about the above mentioned IS-10, 20
and 30.

First question is:  what are their differences?  They all seem pretty similar
but do they really have the exact same lens?  If so, are the differences of any
significance?

And in the real world, how do these puppies fare?  Clearly we wont be talking
OM quality and flexibility but the user would not be as demanding.  As long as
I can stick a polarizer and that there is a reasonably fast AF, she might be
happy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bau Struye