Re: [OM] IS-10, IS-20 and IS-30: Opinions?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-10, IS-20 and IS-30: Opinions?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:58:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/99 9:36:07 PM EST, Bau.Struye@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am searching for a decent camera for my wife who comes from a point and
> shoot  world (see painful details in earlier post).

I think your wife will be able to handle the IS-10,20,30. The -30 is a big
improvement I've heard others say, but I'm not familiar enough with anything
other than the -10 to explain it to you, but others will answer you.
The point of my writing is that I feel a sense that you and your wife are not
at the same place in time, photographically speaking, that you are hankering
for something more, and I feel you are not going to satisfy both of your
needs with an IS-10. I think you need an OM body and get the IS for her and
the times you may want AF. Which is not to say she shouldn't give an OM a
try, I'm just getting the feeling she's more comfortable with a type of P&S
right now. Or, you may be satisfied with an IS-3, I can't say without knowing
more what you are looking to do or learn. Stay away from the OM-88

George S.