Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 / motor drive question

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 / motor drive question
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:58:56 -0600 (MDT)
On 20-Jul-99 Malcolm Clay wrote:
> At 12:53 PM 7/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>What does the M.grip cord do?
>
> It goes from the bounce grip to the winder (or motor drive). It allows you
> to fire the camera with your right index finger while holding onto the
> bounce grip. (You can buy the cord or build it up from some 2 conductor
> wire and two mono 1/8" (sub-miniature) plugs. Some heat shrink tubing
> finishes it off nicer--but not as nice (or expensive) as the M.grip cord.
> BTW: I have built a 25 foot remote trip cable using the plug, a momentary
> push button and cable--plugs right into the winder.

You don't have any problems with "ripple"? (that's what we call it in Denmark -
sounds kinda english, so I assume it is). You know, where in fact pushing the
contact generates not just a single - but an unintended sequence of rather
short contacts, before the connection is permanent.

Also, does anyone have the exact, electrical specs on the winder2 - in
particular the electrical characteristics of this "interface"/plug, where the
M.grip cord is plugged?

I could ask more specifically: what currency is required through the wire in
order for the camera to fire? Yes, I am initially wondering how long I can make
it and which cable I should be using....

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering