Re: [OM] A 50mm Note

Subject: Re: [OM] A 50mm Note
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:39:04 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:45:28 -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>I just noticed that the olympus guy is selling "mint" 50mm 1.8's for US$
>15.  Not so long ago there was an extensive thread on loupes and, in
>particular, how great the 50mm 1.8 is as a loupe.  For consideration by
>all you "loupe-less" folks out there.

I like my 50/1.4 better as a loupe, but would love to find a piece of
plexiglass to mount on it so it could sit a uniform distance
(allowing focusing) from the slide/pic/whatever.

>That fits in with what I was going to say anyhow.  Since there's been so
>much other talk the last few days about 50mm lenses (mostly the 1.2) I
>thought perhaps the theme for the next ADITL might be anything... except
>take it with a 50mm.

I certainly haven't abandoned my 50 - its my favorite length for
shooting people. A roll of Tri-X, my OM-1n, and a 50, and I'm set to
cover the story.

BB

 I think many of us (certainly me) have pretty much
>abandoned our 50mm glass.  I can't remember the last time I used my 50mm
>1.4.  Since I've acquired a couple of other bodies recently I've also
>acquired another 50mm 1.4 and also a 1.8.  Yes, it makes a nice loupe.
>
>All you "loupe-less" folks could, of course, shoot with the closest
>substitute that you have.  I'd just like to see how creative everybody
>can be when they're limited to a "normal" view.  Just a thought.
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>Woburn, Massachussets

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel