Re: [OM] Tamron adaptall 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron adaptall 2
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:35:36 EDT

> Are all Tamron adaptalls 2 for OM mount equivalent? They are not
>  several different types? It looks as I heard anywhere that they are
>  (may be on this list) I can not remember. If they are different, how
>  it is possibly to tell which one is well?
>
>  Best regards
>
>  Gejza Dunay

There was a thread on this topic a few months ago.  It seems that there were
several versions of the Adaptall 2 mount. They are interchangeable except
with one problem.  Some of them have a screw head that passes over the reset
button on the OM4 and OM3. The sharp edges will cut off the pin. If you make
a small temporary mark on the outside of the adapter where the screw head is
and watch as you turn the mount, you can see if the screw head might pass
over the reset button. If it does not, then there is no problem. If it does,
you can fill in that one head with epoxy and smooth it over.

Warren