[OM] OM2000 Batteries (was "OM-2 Slow Exposures")

Subject: [OM] OM2000 Batteries (was "OM-2 Slow Exposures")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:36:03 -0500
At 12:32 PM 7/21/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>If the cameras got alkaline batteries installed or a lithium, meter may be
>off by 2 stops, but auto will be okay.  Expect lockup with alkaline/lithium
>cells. Since most people should print film, how would Cambridge know if
>actual auto exposure is off or are they just referring to the needle
>position?
>
>John
>Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
>21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
>516-424-2121
>http://www.zuiko.com

Change topic slightly.  I notice that the OM2000 comes with two LR44
alkaline cells.  They're just driving the meter, of course, but I wonder if
one should consider LR44's to be preferable to SR44's with the OM2000
(manual says you can use either, but then so does the OM-2S manual, though
SR44's are to be preferred)?

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA