Re: [OM] 4-Ti "unreal" prices

Subject: Re: [OM] 4-Ti "unreal" prices
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:42:45 -0800
>In a message dated 7/20/99 6:00:33 PM EST, bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> I bought a 4-Ti at a store for $50
>> Also got a 4 from the same store for $100.
>
>You CAN'T just make those remarks without giving us the DETAILS!
>                       (Or at least the address of that store!)
>
>                       George S.

Brian P. Huber responds:

>Columbus Camera. [...]
>Yes, I know I paid too much for the 4, but it's still worth it!
>Columbus Camera is also the store that I got the 300 Zuiko
>for ~$150 and where I got the Tokina AT-X 80-200 2.8 for $120.

Hmmm, and they probably also employ a 100 people, each one driving
a Lexus to work.  Hmmm, am I the only one who smells a rat here? :-)
IMHO, this store must be a front for some kind of a money laundering
operation!  There is simply no way they could make a living from the
above sales, unless their entire merchandise is "hot" (= stolen).

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx