Re: [OM] Using enlarging lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Using enlarging lens
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:20:12 EDT
Cc: tom@xxxxxx
Tom was horrified by the Novoflex Leica screw to OM mount adapter price and
wondered about alternatives for using OM bellows with enlarger lenses:

Tom,
        here are some more ideas:
remove the OM mount from a cheap extension tube (<$20) or from 2X
convertor or use an OM Tmount (thicker) and attach it to the lens board with
double back foam tape so that it can be easily seperated when you want to
restore
the mount.  Or buy a broken enlarger or lens board to get a lensboard/mount
you don't mind permanently mounting to the Tmount.
        I have had luck getting various mount adapters from old broken
bellows or broken cameras. You could probably get a Leica mount off an old
broken Leica clone like a Russian Zorki that should be available for next to
nothing.
As pointed out on the hacking lens mounts reference I mentioned previously
you can use silicon rubber RTV to semi permanently join mounts that fit
within one another.(Like your Goop idea) This allows removal later if
necessary.
        Another popular crude technique seems to be to use a cut-out plastic
rear lens cap (particularly if it is a molded screw on type) glued to a T
adapter.

Regards,
Tim Hughes