Re: [OM] Vivitar close-up lenses on Zuiko 50/1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar close-up lenses on Zuiko 50/1.4
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:32:13 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/99 8:16:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
bigjoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anyway, here's a question.  A friend of mine has some old Vivitar
 close-up lenses that fit on the front of my 50/1.4 lens.  There are
 3 of them: a #1, #2, and #4, and they can be attached in series.
 According to the instruction sheet that is still with them, they
 should give something like a 1:2.75 close-up on a 50mm lens.

   These work pretty well. Not, as you guessed, nearly as well as a true
macro lens, but I've taken some pretty good pictures with these close-up
attachments. The secret is to use the lowest power attachment you can get
away with and to stop down the lens as much as possible. When you are putting
them on the lens, always put the strongest attachment on the lens first.
While you can combine them all, you will lose resolution as you add more of
them to the lens at the same time.

Jim