Re: [OM] K64

Subject: Re: [OM] K64
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:28:55 EDT
When you use fill flash, you set the flash approximately 1/2 to 1 stop less
than the surrounding ambient light. It doesn't matter what kind of film you
use, this will always result in the subject appearing normal but the flash
will "fill" such problems as eye sockets, etc without giving the appearance
of a flash picture. I have no idea whatsoever how this is done with automatic
units. It is very easy if you set the flash on manual and set it to give a
little less light than the ambient light. Using K64 is good because the OM
system syncs at 1/60.
Turnaround time on K64 is slow, but the colors are wonderful. K64 slides I
tookk 20 years ago are still alive and vibrant with no apparent loss due to
fade. I am a Kodachrome fan and will probably always want to shoot my
important images on it.
Roger
robinsnestphotography.com