[OM] K64

Subject: [OM] K64
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:14:07 -0700
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

... if I use flash, the subject will be properly
exposed, but will the background come out or will I have a nicely lit
person on a dark background...

It depends on the ambient lighting. With K64 indoors, you're probably right. But you can easily guesstimate the effect by the indicated shutter speed -- if it's just below 1/60, you'll get more of a "fill flash" effect. If it's way down there, the exposure will be almost completely from the flash, and if it's a big room, TTL will try to turn the entire subject + Dark Void into 18 0ray, yielding the dreaded "vampire effect."

I haven't tried this -- does the T flash TTL auto mode work properly with OM-4(t) (or 2SP) spot metering? That might be a way to banish the vampires. (This is just a tease for Siddiq, since I know he doesn't have an Olympus with spot metering... :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229