Re: [OM] IR film - backplates-dimples - temp solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] IR film - backplates-dimples - temp solutions
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:53:12 +0200
At 22:15 +0200 on 21.07.99, Richard Schaetzl wrote:

> As an temporary solution, how about sticking some black self adhesiv
> foil to the back plate? Don´t know if they absorb, reflect or are
> transparent for IR.

I'm going to be extremely non-netiquettical now, and copy from a reply I
received from the IR list:

> Both the OM1 and OM4 have a dimpled pressure plate - SFX and Konica 750
> will be OK but remember to wrap the plate with some 120 roll paper black
> side out if you decide to use HIE.  Unless you like a dimpled pattern on
> your negs.......

> Couldn´t try it out for myself, because up to now I´ve used onlx SFX200,
> which is not an real IR film.
Correct, it's an extended red, but gives quite nice results anyway!

> The only concern I have is, what´s happening to the glue when it´s realy
> warm, does it start to run, spoiling the film and the camera?
Don't use glue, please, pooor camera!!

And at 18:01 +0200 on 21.07.99, George M. Anderson wrote:

> I was the one who experienced the dimple pattern in heavily silvered
> areas on my Kodak IR negs.  Others have said they've never seen them.
> But they're certainly present on negatives I took before I solved the
> problem.

Which camera was this? I have never had problems with my OM-1, and neither
has anyone else I've spoken to re: 1, so it may be the camera? Although
that does sound extremely weird even to me.....

siri.

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach