Re: [OM] New to list

Subject: Re: [OM] New to list
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:17:57 -0500
Gary Edwards wrote:

> Welcome, W.J.
>
> Replacement light seal foam kits are available from Paul van Tuyl,
> www.olympusguy.com for $8.50 plus shipping or John Hermanson, www.zuiko.com
> can replace them for you if you don't want to do it yourself.  If you do it
> yourself, don't glue the foam in.  Friction is enough.
>
> What part of the country was your OM-1 stolen in? (for that matter, what
> country?)
>
> Congratulations on finishing your Avid.  My RV-4 is still waiting for me to
> build a fuselage.
>
> Gary Edwards

Thanks Gary and others who have welcomed me to the Oly list.  It
certainly is active for a corpse.

If the door seals are deteriorating shouldn't the mirror bumper pads be
turning to mush also?  I'm less certain of my skills working in the
braincase, just look at all the damage to be done there.

My OM-1 was stolen in Monroe, Louisiana, I suspect by a yard maintenance
crew.  It was on a work table by the airplane (Tootie Mae) with the shop
doors open while they were there.  Next morning, when I needed it for
some photomics at the hospital it was nowhere to be found.

The RV-4 is a very nice airplane.  I know of one around here and a
friend is finally building his kit after finishing a Kitfox.  I'm
considering a VJ-22 amphibian for the next project, my wife has other
ideas.

W. J. Liles