RE: [OM] Mail order film/processing - best sources?

Subject: RE: [OM] Mail order film/processing - best sources?
From: Jerry Stackhouse <jstack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:26:14 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From:   Joel Wilcox [SMTP:jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
[] Would you send Kodachrome 25 & 64 or Kodacolor to Fuji or to Kodak?
[

Sent:   Thursday, July 22, 1999 10:24 PM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 09:56 PM 7/22/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I've always used local labs but would like to try to purchase film and
>processing via mail or the web? Can anyone suggest where I'll get good
>prices and quality developing for both slides and prints?

Order your film from B&H.  Order Fuji processing mailers for the slide film
from B&H.  Take your print film to Walmart for processing (but not the
one-hour, in-store machine), provided they send it a Fuji lab somewhere
(which is what they do in my part of the USA).

Have reprints of the negatives you really like made at the local lab that
does really good work, or if you need scans, send them to Kodak for a Photo
CD.  Send at least 101 frames for scanning to get the best price break from
Kodak.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA

<<application/ms-tnef>>