Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:10:15 +0200
: I just installed MS Access 2000 [a database program] and discovered after
: the fact that the installation process wiped out my MS Outlook Express mail
: folders and their entire contents going back to late April 1999! Why late
: April is a mystery. Why the installation wiped out anything is a mystery.
: Now I am back to Eudora mail pro.

That's because MS Access 2000, as its version number already suggests, is a
very, _VERY_ old program, as a matter of fact it dates from the year 00 (zero).
Now it encounters files from the year 99, which means End Of File (EOF), so what
else is there to do but delete (end!) all these files?

Btw, a news bulletin from MicroSoft announced that the release date of Windows
2000 is postponed untill 1980...

hnz