Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.
From: "Tom Trottier" <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 16:34:56 -0400
--- Original Message ---
Date sent:              Sat, 24 Jul 1999 10:36:33 -0500
From:                   "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
> Two quotes that help me keep perspective on computers:
>
>       1)  "To err is human but to really screw things up use a computer."

So true. Faster, more complete.

>       2)  "If architects designed buildings like programers wrote programs
> the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization."

Nah, the woodpeckers are designed into the buildings so as to provide
maintenance work for the designer during the life of the building.

Seriously, civilization is dependent on minds rather than buildings.

Tom
From:Tom Trottier, ACT Productions Inc.
    __o  tom@xxxxxx  http://www.act.ca
  _ \<   +1 613 594-4829  fax +1 613 594-8944
(*)/'(*) 199 Holmwood Ave, Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1S 2P3
"Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein