Re: [OM] zooms for OM camera? (a bit long)

Subject: Re: [OM] zooms for OM camera? (a bit long)
From: "Wayne Harrison" <wayno@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:30:26 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques Leonard designer <j.leonarddesigner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 1999 5:20 PM
Subject: [OM] zooms for OM camera? (a bit long)

>Hi,
>I am new to the Olympus list (I subscribed this week) and I would
>appreciate your input on a subject that I am quite sure has already been
>discused in this group.
>
>I owned a venerable (...) OM-1 I bought new in 1974. I always liked this
>camera and still do.
>I have a 50mm f1.8 wich has been my prime lens with the OM-1. Over the
>years, I made superb pictures with it, and this lens would justify buying
>another Olympus body if mine was lost.
>
>A few years later, I bought a 200mm f5 (for it's size) and later on a 28mm
>f3.5. I don't use the 200 and very seldom the 28.
>
>Now here is my problem. Two weeks ago, I went to an event where a zoom lens
>would have been very usefull. I never had one. So,I decided to buy one. My
>main requirements would be lens quality and size. Price of course is to be
>considered.
>
>The OM line is quite limited in zoom lenses

    well, maybe so; but it has two of the best, for different purposes.  the
35-70/f4 is a light, handy lens for point and shoot quality snap shooting;
the 35-80/f2.8 is as good a lens as i have ever seen, zoom or prime.
expensive as hell, but easily a replacement for three of the finest primes.
i have both, the first on an om10, the other on a 4ti.  only rarely do i
need more gear.

wayne harrison