Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:02:36 -0500
Jay Maynard refers obliquely to:

    IEFBR14

which prods me to remember that I once wrote an analogous program,
called:

    IEFBR15

Quiz
(for certified old codgers only)
[private replies only - this has negative OM content]

(5 points) Explain the behavior of IEFBR15.
(50 points) Describe a beneficial use for IEFBR15.

[note: while IEFBR14 did indeed include a subtle bug, and fixing this
 bug required doubling the number of instructions, IEFBR15 did not share
 this problem and remains bug-free, some 30 years after it was first
 keypunched.]

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213