Re: [OM] Light weight tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Light weight tripod
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
Short of Carbon fiber, I suggest you look at the tripods often given away
as promotional items with camcorders. Very light, but satisfactory for
most occasions where you'd use one (for serious use, you'd bring the big
one anyway). The one I have is a Samsonite, less than  pound, made of
aluminum <sp?>, and extends to just under 5 feet tall. Raising the center
column will get about ~5'8" with discernable stability loss (I use the
self timer and move away). It's nothing fancy, but does a good job when I
want it (which is often because I carry it due to it's lack of weight).
Best,