RE: [OM] Anyone else going to Rostock in August to see Hanse Sail ?

Subject: RE: [OM] Anyone else going to Rostock in August to see Hanse Sail ?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:05:04 +0200
Hi,

> mirror lens. In addition I've also just bought a 2X-A Oly
> converter in absolutely mint condition for 525 SKR (about $65),

Aaaaargh, you lucky ... I paid twice that amount!! :)

> Yes, I could use my 300/4.5 tele which would give me a 600/9,

Works fine; I just took 7 shots of the full moon with that combo some 10
minutes ago...

> but then I already have the 600/8 Sigma.

Which doesn't have a variable diafragm... Decide for yourself if you'd like
to go to F16 or smaller...

> I don't think my old 75-150/4 zoom goes very well with this
> converter, but I hope to be able to buy a more suitable zoom
> in the future (preferably the 65-200/4).

Disappointment: however nice the 65-200/4 is, it doesn't fit on the Oly 2xA
TC :((( Of course one could take a phile and take out the rear protrusions
of the lens, but that's a bit too much, isn't it?!?

Cheers!
Oalfo