Re: [OM] On auto-fcus I was refering to the competitors like Nikon , Can

Subject: Re: [OM] On auto-fcus I was refering to the competitors like Nikon , Canon
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:37:41 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/99 5:17:41 PM EST, dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> One argument for auto-focus is, you might catch a shot you might have
>  otherwise missed with manual focus because you hit the focus button(without
>  actually asking your mind is it in focus) and fired away.

        Many AF cameras won't take a shot unless the subject is in focus,
thus saving film. There are also a number of situations where AF is the way
to go; even though I am a die-hard OM lover, I admit it and keep a Nikon AF
and the OM-77AF ( and Stylus, and ELPH) for those situations. If anyone has
tried to follow their young children around on an Easter egg hunt, or the
like- like I have- it is VERY difficult and frustrating to accomplish with a
manual focus system, they just don't stay still long enough. (Also auto
racing, aircraft in flight at airshows, etc etc.) Please don't tell me to
pre-focus, as that is certainly no cure-all.

George S.