Re: [OM] Was IR film - backplates-dimples (now OM77 problems)

Subject: Re: [OM] Was IR film - backplates-dimples (now OM77 problems)
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:12:32 -0400
The mirror mech instead of being powered by springs is motor and clutch
driven.  Sometimes the clutch slips. mirror only goes up partway and then
because other switches are now in the "fire" position, the shutter is
allowed to fire.  Then the mirror does not come down as the clutch is in the
wrong position, but the switches say the mirror is down.  The "fix" for this
did away with the clutch,  converting the mirror mech to a straight
motor/gear combination that was so powerful, that gears would strip.

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121