Re: [OM] Something of interest to UK list members...

Subject: Re: [OM] Something of interest to UK list members...
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:00:59 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: <Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 2:31 PM
Subject: [OM] Something of interest to UK list members...

> Nothing to do with OM cameras, but may save you a few ££'s...
>
> Alex
>
> ....New kind of Speed Trap on the roads.

There is actually a way to get past these types of speed cameras without getting
caught, at least there is here in Sweden. That is if you're riding a
motorcycle. In
Sweden motorcycles only need to have a small vehicle numberplate at the back,
and
there is no way you can identify a rider wearing an integral helmet with visir.
positive identification of the vehicle is not enough. Without a positive
identification of the driver as well there is nothing the police can do about
it.
Isn't the same in Britain? There really is no justice with these speed cameras.
The
usually worst speed maniacs on the road get's free...

(I hope I haven't offended any motorcycle riders here by this. Hell, I used to
be one
myself...)

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden

"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to look into ones' soul."