Re: [OM] Reversing/retro ring for Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversing/retro ring for Macro
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:36:00 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 July 1999 11:16

>They also do lens coupling rings which allows two lenses to be mounted
>nose-to-nose: "mounting a telephoto lens on a camera body as normal and
>fitting a standard lens to the end of it via the two lens filter threads
>...Sounds like a neat idea to me, anyone tried it?

Yes, I bought such a coupler some years ago and attached my 50mm as a
'supplementary lens' to my 135/3.5 and the result was like a low powered
microscope. Very sharp as I remember. You have to be careful not to tighten
up the combination much though, because the grip on the lens barrels is *so*
much greater than you can exert on the thin coupler ring that's left
overtightened in one of the filter mounts!

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx