[OM] Mirror Lockup and June issue of Pop Photog

Subject: [OM] Mirror Lockup and June issue of Pop Photog
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:37:09 -0500
I just looked through the June issue of Popular Photography and noticed
Keppler was expounding on mirror lockup and why it is not availaible on
most cameras and on the effect it may have on photographs.  Most of the
article is on various ways to steady a camera, however, the very last
part on page 64 compares an OM-1 with lockup to an OM-4t without
lockup.  The OM-1 with lockup faired better in the tests.  Keppler did
not try the 4T with shutter and mirror prefire.

It is interesting to see how he approached the subject and read his
conclusions.  I wonder what he would have concluded if he had used the
prefire mechanism on the 4T?  Prehaps most interesting of all is that he
still keeps an Olympus around and I bet he uses it.

W. J. Liles