Re: [OM] Has anyone tried tele extenders for IS series?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has anyone tried tele extenders for IS series?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:13:15 +0200
: Has anyone tried one of the Olympus tele extenders for the IS cameras by any
: chance?

IS tele converters are above average. Lens speed remains the same, image quality
is only slightly degraded and close focusing distance is extended (to 3m or
something). When mounted on OM lenses, they are double fun. Well, maybe only
1.7x fun ;) Since the 1.7x converter for the IS-30 has a 52mm thread :-( you'll
need a step-up ring to turn your 85mm/F2 (yaaaawn) lens into a dazzling 145mm/F2
(allright!) lens. I have the 1.7x converter for the IS-3000, and it can turn my
135mm/F2.8 (booooring) lens into a thrilling 230mm/F2.8 (coming out to get ya
babe!!) lens...

hnz