Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable camera discus

Subject: Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable camera discussion,...
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:31:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/99 1:39:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Reasons you do *not* want to drop your Oly (or any other camera for that
 matter).

 I've been watching the thread on durable cameras. >>

    Years ago I saw in a story about the Leica Museum, a picture of a
Leicaflex SL that had been ripped by the wind from the hands of a
photographer who had to eject from a military jet flying over 20,000 feet
high. The camera fell into the desert and was later found by some hikers who
took the camera to a camera store nearby. While the camera did not function,
it was intact - the camera store owner removed the film from the camera,
processed it, and was able to determine from the photos who the camera
belonged to.
     The photographer sent the camera to Leica who determined that it was
repairable...however, they gave the photographer a new Leica so they could
put that one in their museum.
      Strong cameras, those SL's :)

Jim