Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable camera disc

Subject: Re: [OM] Reasons *not* to drop your Oly; was: most durable camera discussion, incl OM-1, from Leica f
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:39:24 -0400
The one time I dropped my camera in 1981, it was an OM-1, MD1, 18V Grip,
and 75-150 zoom 4 feet onto a brick walk.  The body took the brunt of the
fall and it cracked the mirror box.  I sold it as-is.  Camtech in Atlanta
told me it would cost as much to replace the mirror box as buy a new
camera, so I bought a new one.

Skip