[OM] Zuiko hunting in UK

Subject: [OM] Zuiko hunting in UK
From: Brian Windrim <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:56:43 +0100 (BST)
Hello all,

I've been receiving the digest for about a week and I'm impressed with
the friendly and informative style of this list (a bit different from
photo.net), so I don't feel too bad about jumping straight in with a
question even though it's primarily aimed at UK-based contributors.

I'm interested in acquiring the 21mmF3.5 and 28mmF2 Zuikos but I've a
feeling that they may not be very common on the secondhand market
here. Do they turn up with any regularity, or should I think about
shelling out to get them new while they're still available?

Just how painful would the latter course be? Does anyone have an idea
of the current UK prices for these lenses? I'm *really* glad that I
sprung for my 85mmF2 before the OM prices started their upward spiral.

On a different topic, I've been following the thread about OM1
stopdown vibration with interest and (some) chagrin. I recently
acquired a (lovely, mint) OM1 to supplement my 4 as a tripod camera
for slow B&W, as I was getting very fed up with using the timer to
prefire the mirror. Last time I did it I was on a wooden bridge and
someone walked onto it after I'd started the timer. It wasn't an
entirely static subject, either.

I'll just have to see how the results compare between the two
bodies. Either way I'm glad I got the OM1, it's a joy to hold and to
use.

Brian W.