Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1067

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1067
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:28:43 +0000
OM2s - great camera - spot metering - can use 2 series screens (bright) -
spares no
longer available - some examples can develop a high battery drain in standby
mode
(no true off) and can eat batteries.

check out Gary Reese's tests of the lenses you mentioned.  There is also a file
containing a compilation of magazine tests of many zuikos at Lee Hawkins site.
Saddiq just posted the URL's

The 90mm f2 macro is a terrific performer, at any distance IMO.  Outstanding
bokeh
and colour rendition aside from the usual criteria.  They are fairly hard to
find SH
because people hang on to them I suspect.  Goodness, some people have even been
known to buy them new ;-)

Giles